Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Only Good News This Time

While remission still eludes me and I've had some bumps along the way since my March post... the trend is positive.  Hard to attribute this to any specific thing.  Is Humira just taking way longer than anyone expected (including multiple doctors)?  Almost everyone who advocates healing through diet says it takes many months to heal. 

TMI SECTION BEGIN:  Feel free to skip =) 
  • Only a few episodes of noticeable blood in the last month.  
  • Formed stool / solid despite being misshapen from the inflammation (this is my main indicator that I'm still not in remission).  
  • Cramping is rare.  
  • Tactical farts are possible if I'm careful =P  Nice not having to run to the bathroom every time I need to fart! 
TMI SECTION END

I've found some chips I can eat!  I loved chips and it's hard to resist them but they are sooooo bad.  Well... most of them are really bad; at least the ones I loved!  Anyway I found these "Jackson's Honest" chips; they have a pretty wide product line but specifically I liked their Sweet Potato Chips.  Only three ingredients:  sweet potatoes, coconut oil, and sea salt.  Perfect!  A shame they are almost $5 a bag.

One day at Aldi we were walking the isle of temptation.  You know the one... you first walk in and they force you to walk by all the horribly awesome snack foods.  I try to not even look let alone bother reading any of the ingredients; I know I can't have any of it.  This day however some "Simply Natrual" sweet potato chips caught my eye and I picked them up; only because it wasn't the typical "Clancy's" trash.  Ingredients were: sweet potatoes, sunflower seed oil, and salt.... and half the price! 

Made my own chocolate dipped bananas.  They were awesome!  Just used my skinny chocolate to pour over them.  I'll update my UC Safe Food section with this and the chips.  

Been a regular at a specialty bakery in Eagan now.  Bitter Sweet Bakery off Cliff has some great gluten and dairy free stuff.  Their 'country loaf' is really good, the banana bread is awesome, their pancake mix is the best I've had (and we've tried a few!), carrot cake is OK, but the pumpkin bars are amazing.  I have to exercise restraint though because these things have a lot more sugar than I should be eating.  So hard though... It's more than just how awesome it tastes... it makes you feel almost "normal". '

That last I wrote as it popped into my head.  I stopped to think about it for a minute and got a little teary eyed.  I think I'll just end this post here... 

No comments:

Post a Comment