Sunday, May 25, 2014

Elimination Diet - 2014.05.25

Pretty happy with how things are progressing.  It's no miracle but symptoms are getting less and less.  Gas was frequently bothering me all day and causing such urgency that I had to run to the bathroom.  It would wake me up in the night and have to scamper off to the bathroom.  I couldn't really lay on my side or it would just force it out even more.  Now it rarely bothers me; maybe once or twice a day.

Blood and mucus has gone from several tablespoons during every BM to just trace amounts or maybe a tablespoon.  Only going about 1 to 3 times a day instead of 5 to 8.  Things are slowing down too; food isn't shooting through me so quickly. 

Today I've added in avocado!  It was a nice change of pace from chicken, carrots, and bananas =)  Hopefully I'll have no negative reactions and this will be a new staple. I think it's a great addition as I'll get some healthy fats and it's a rich, dense, super food. 

We'll see how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Ate one with breakfast at 8:30. At 10 or so I had to go to the bathroom and it was no stool; just blood and mucus. Not a lot... tablespoon or so... but a little disheartening. I hate to judge avocados off a single one and 2 hours.

    Ate another with lunch. We'll see if this episode repeats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ate an avocado for lunch and dinner and no repeats of that morning. So I think they are here to stay for my diet! I'll be eating them today also. If all goes well today I'll add something new on TUE.

    ReplyDelete