Saturday, May 24, 2014

Elimination Diet - Recap

Just to recap and clarify my elimination diet here.  There's tons of info out there about this but it's so unclear, contradictive, and rarely specific. 

This is ALL I've eaten for 5 days:
  • Bananas: RIPE, smell and taste with a hint of fermentation.
    • Diced up and frozen; it's almost like ice cream!
    • Right out the husk, mmmmm.
  • Carrots:  Steamed or boiled; NOT RAW.
  • Chicken:  Unprocessed, baked, or grilled.  
    • Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.
    • Ground chicken with nothing added.
    • Rotisserie from a store or deli
    • Home made chicken soup
      • Rotisserie chicken (picked clean, just bones)
      • Chicken leg quarters
      • Carrots
      • Salt
  •  Salt:  Used as needed for flavor but sparingly.
  • Olive Oil:  Used as little as possible. 

That's literally it.  It sounds crazy and I know some are thinking "OMG you need <insert stuff here> to survive!"  It's not that I disagree but the WHOLE point of this is to figure out what I can eat with no bad reactions.  If I eat 10 or even 5 different things a day... and my symptoms don't chill out... how do I figure out what's bothering me?  Yeah you can keep eliminating things and figure it out.  My approach is to just eliminate everything and add one back after a week.   Then ever 2 or 3 days I can add something new since it can take a day or more for reactions to surface and if they do it can take a day or three to work them out again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment