Sunday, June 1, 2014

Elimination Diet - 2014-06-01 - Eggs!

Added scrambled eggs to my diet yesterday morning.  So far so good.  Still no real marked improvement I'd say over the last couple weeks.  However I'm not getting worse.  I guess that's something.  Still off the sunflower butter and still not sure if it was bad or good; not like I got noticeably better when I stopped eating it. 

Oh I also added ground turkey on the same day.  I know... I shouldn't add two things at once.  Didn't have much of a choice.  It was later in the evening, I was out of chicken, already at the store, and got turkey.  Can't be that much different.  Apparently not because again I haven't had any worse symptoms. 

I made them all up into burger patties.  Threw in an egg but that's it... patties are just ground turkey and an egg.  Fried half of them up in a little olive oil.  Froze the rest.  Pretty well set for meat this week now! 

Down to 2 prednisone a day now.  Over a month left but more than half done.  Not very impressed with the rate at which I'm healing.  I feel rather stuck here with mild symptoms.  I've been getting more sleep but still not enough; same with exercise.  Perhaps that's what's holding me back?  It's so hard because when everyone goes to sleep I can finally relax and I hate to 'waste' it sleeping.  I know it's not a waste but I don't really get to actively enjoy it either. 

Tomorrow I can add something else and I'm not sure what.  I'll share what I pick soon!

1 comment:

  1. My wife and I talked this evening. I shouldn't say there's NO marked improvement... it's just slow. A very specific, distinct, pain I was having on my lower left stomach is almost completely gone. From before I started there's been a waning of some persistent symptoms; they are present but less.

    It's like watching your kids grow up. Some relative hasn't seen them in months and are like "OMG THEY ARE HUGE" and you think to yourself "they don't seem THAT different". It's hard to notice the day to day trend but looking back over time it's obvious.

    ReplyDelete