Sunday, June 29, 2014

Welcome Back Chocolate; Oh How I Missed You!

Maybe this is just a cycle; I'm not sure... but I've been blood free for several days again.  I guess I'll see if it lasts this time or comes back.  As I've added more foods there's been a definite increase in gas which is somewhat annoying but way better than blood. 

Haven't been as strict with adding one thing at a time and observing for days before adding another.  We took this weekend off, kids are at their grandparents, and we've been eating out.  So this pretty much means you add things not on the list and more than one at a time.  To me the best thing to do is be picky in where you eat, look at the menu before you even go, and make the best decision with what's available.

Don't be shy and feel like you have to eat what's exactly on the menu.  If you're polite and explain you have special dietary needs I've found servers to be very accommodating.  Ask what options you have for replacing things.  So far I've been able to substitute standard sides (potatoes, bread, etc) with things I can have.  Usually steamed carrots but a few places couldn't do that however they had other veggies.  Salads I have to be sure to ask for no cheese and vinegar based dressing.

A couple of times now I've had gluten free bread or buns.  I know grains are not Paleo but it was totally worth it.  I forgot how filling bread was.  I'm not sure if it's the prednisone or just the stuff I'm eating but it's pretty rare that I feel "full".  I'm almost always hungry.  However when I hate those meals with the gluten free bread I actually felt full. 

Had dark chocolate with cranberries and almonds in it.... it was flip'n AMAZING.  Last week my wife found these chocolate dipped bananas and they are crazy awesome.  Welcome back chocolate... I missed you so... 

Oh I was at a friends house and they made coconut milk strawberry ice cream and it was outstanding too!

No comments:

Post a Comment