Friday, June 13, 2014

Elimination Diet - 2014.06.13

Friday the 13th!  O_o

Yesterday I added cranberries because they are super awesome for you!  They aren't in season so I have to get frozen or dried.  Wasn't sure how I was going to eat frozen at work so I got 3/4 pound of dried ones.  Since they are a dried fruit I have to be prudent with how much I eat as it's easy to eat triple the amount I would if they were fresh.  Which means I'd eat triple the amount of sugar.  I think they are agreeing with me!  No big change in symptoms so I'll go with that and keep eating them today. 

I feel like I'm still trending in the right direction but I'm still impatient with progress.  Only went to the bathroom for real once yesterday.  I say for once because I had to go 2 other time but it was just gas & ishy stuff.  Which honestly isn't that bad; no blood really!  Just a little trace amounts once.  Just means I'll have a lot today though =P .  Already went once and feel like I have to go again. 

Tomorrow I'm down to 1 prednisone for 2 weeks.  Then a half for 2 weeks so I'm almost done; just 4 weeks to go.  I'm going to to back to see my GI.  I'm mostly displeased with the amount of blood I see daily.  I'm also obviously still all inflamed.  There's a weird way I can totally tell which is TMI so I wont share it. 

I'm sure you're thinking... TMI ?  "Dude you've been talking about your bloody poo for weeks; how could there possibly be more info you aren't sharing?"  I'll put it in as a comment so for those who don't really want to know can skip it =)  This is one of the wierd things about this disease.  You end up talking about poop a lot... like A LOT. 

Anyway; I'm off ... TTFN

2 comments:

  1. When your bowels are heavily inflamed the passages narrow. This means your poo gets squeezed through the tighter passages. You can tell by the... shape.. of it. Looks like something that gets extruded out of a Play-Doh Fun Factory

    http://dopodomani.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/playdoh_fun_factory.jpg

    ReplyDelete