Sunday, June 8, 2014

Elimination Diet - Recap

Progress is slow but moving in the right direction.  Usually blood in the morning; more than trace amounts.  But during the day none to trace amounts.  Weight at 157.  Fatigue isn't as bad but still frequent.  I've been getting a little more sleep.  Still on prednisone; a couple weeks left. 

Here's what I'm eating right now:
  1. Chicken
  2. Turkey
  3. Beef
  4. Eggs
  5. Carrots
  6. Avocado
  7. Strawberries
  8. Bluebarries
  9. Bananas
For spices I'm still using salt but I've added sea salt and tumeric.  I'm using olive oil for cooking and that's it.  The fruit have really filled in that sweet tooth craving; strawberries are in season and are amazing right now.  Blueberries are very sweet if ripe.  I have to be careful not to eat too much of them as they are packed with sugar.  

Today I'm going to add in zucchini.  It's pretty versatile and filling.  Sunflower butter is for off the list for good.  I tried it one more time and woke up in the night from abdominal cramping and pain. 

My taste buds have changed significantly.  I had a few moments of weakness over the weekend and ate a couple potato chips.  I used to LOVE chips; I ate some nearly every day.  They tasted gross... which made me a little sad but perhaps it's good because I'll crave them less.  I could feel the grease on them coat my tongue; almost like wax.  They just tasted... weird. 

2 comments:

  1. Forgot to add eggs! Just updated it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT! your food list is slowly growing....I felt so bad. I was trying to figure out a dinner meal that you could totally enjoy and invite you all over, since you guys had us over the last time. :) I will continue to brain storm with the new foods you have added.

    ReplyDelete