Friday, June 13, 2014

Significantly Less Blood!

Maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the cranberries but since I've been eating them regularly I've had significantly less blood.  Only measurable amounts in the morning.  Throughout the day it's almost nothing; just trace amounts.  Discharge is still measurable but it's not so brown; used to be like brown ink.  Now it's more whitish / murky with a little mucus.  This has been going on for 2 days now; first time in weeks I've felt encouraged and satisfied by some noticeable improvement. 

After reading up on cranberries I really was excited to add them.  They have a history of being very beneficial for inflammation diseases like arthritis.  Seems like that would be a good thing for UC since it's worst symptoms is inflammation and all associated symptoms.  

I'm on the fence about zucchini.  Causes noticeably more gas.  Perphas I wasn't cooking it enough; I never did boil it like I was doing with carrots.  I was frying it in olive oil or with my scrambled eggs.  It was soft like it was cooked and I would fry it until it was soft and golden brown.  However it wasn't a huge deal, it's good for me, and a nice alternative but I won't be eating a lot of it like I was carrots. 

Strawberries have been a success.  No noticable side effects, taste great, and they are in season so lots of good sales on them!  Same with blueberries...sans the sales =P  Just have to be sure I'm not eating tons of them given the sugar content. 

Oh I have another desert I made; I call it a Smushi =)  Kinda like a smoothie... but you don't drink it.  Just mash a big banana with 4 or 5 strawberries and a cup blueberries.  Mix it up, put it in a freezable container, and toss it in the freezer.  Eat it later as a great snack or desert!  If it's frozen solid give it a few minutes to begin to thaw.  There's kind of a sweet spot where it softens up enough to dig a spoon in but is still frozen. 

I mixed one up with a big banana and half of an avocado with some strawberries.  I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will be awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment