Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Interesting stuff about sugar

I have a huge sweet tooth.  This is one of the most difficult things about this elimination diet.  I crave sugar, sweet tastes, chocolate, etc constantly.... all day long.  I was consuming stupid amounts of it intentionally and unintentionally (it's like sodium... it's in everything... added and natural and usually both).  The blueberries have really helped satisfy that urge.  Bananas too but not quite as satisfying. 

Did some more research on it and found some interesting things worth sharing


http://www.foodintolerances.org/fructose-food-table.aspx
This site is pretty easy to digest and quite interesting.  I especially like the chart showing food and their Fructose / Glucose / and F-G Ratio.


http://paleoleap.com/sugar-and-paleo/
This page gets down into the weeds of it.  A little harder to read but very informative.   After reading this page I really felt more informed and can more easily interpret other information out there about foods, their sugar content, and how to evaluate them.  This site also has some charts. 


http://www.reducetriglycerides.com/reader_triglycerides_low_fructose_fruit.htm
Then I stumbled upon this site because I was ultimately trying to figure out good fruits to eat.  These charts get very specific and break down by each individual form of sugar. 


Anyway.. interesting stuff... check it out!

1 comment:

  1. hmmm....very interesting resources. I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete