Tuesday, June 3, 2014

IBD Paleo Reference Guide

I've been searching around for a more specific reference guide to not just the Paleo diet but one that's "UC safe".  Finally found one with the help of some good people over on the UC/Chrons FaceBook group. It's by Mickey Trescott who I don't know a lot about but she's a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, published author about this topic, and has an autoimmune disease herself.  Sounds like she's also quite the chef and published a cook book.  Anyway I thought her reference sheets were the most comprehensive and specific I'd seen.  This is really helpful because there's so much Paleo diet info out there but it's largely vague and very little of it has been revised for UC. 

Reference Guide:

1 comment:

  1. the author you referenced...has she done a UC or chrones specific cook book? I had done a little research for a cookbook but didn't find any. I did find some recipes that others who suffer from UC had blogged about, but the ingredients left me feeling uneasy about the validity of them. There were a whole bunch with fresh Sauerkraut and a lot of post from people saying that 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar straight from the bottle helped with the bowel inflammation.
    I personally wouldn't trust the info but it might be worth researching further about ph balance and what foods have a neutral ph.
    I know when I was a kid my Mom would make be take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar for upset stomach, burning diarrhea, and if I had an infection. Apple cider vinegar is acidic but when ingested it has an alkaline affect in our bodies. It also has natural antibiotic properties. That's the reason my mom used it...and I always did feel a little better....but god it tastes fierce when you eat it. :P

    ReplyDelete